Tax-treaty-agreements-UK-France| French Admin Solutions
Found this piece of info on

Under tax treaty agreements, income earned outside of France taxed in the country of origin should also get at least partial relief.
Nevertheless, this foreign income will be added to your French income to form the base for calculating liability to income tax in France.
The elimination of double taxation on income taxable in the United Kingdom (and many other countries) is made through a tax credit corresponding to the French tax that would have been paid. Accordingly, you may only get partial relief against income tax paid outside of France, although it will depend on your circumstances.

My Question:

I am trying to get my head around whether we pay tax twice & then get reimbursed? Having never had to deal with tax credits in the uk let alone abroad I am unsure how they works!


Lucy (Tom's wife)
Register Now for only 60€ per year